TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE INFRASTRUCTURE REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT FOR THE HISTORIC CENTRE OF PRAIA A MARE (PROVINCE OF COSENZA), IN LINE WITH THE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE TERRITORIAL PACT. RENOVATION OF VIALE DELLA LIBERTA’ AND SEA FRONT
The project proposal is born from a careful analysis of the attractions: a waterfront of historical matrix located in a completely urbanized scenario. The intervention arises as an engine for the relaunch of the tourist accommodation in Praia a Mare, and involves the replacement of the flooring and furnishings as well as the network of existing lighting without breaking preconceived balances.
This is the main avenue of Praia a Mare, on which the City Hall is located, between the piazza Italy and piazza della Resistenza.
The Avenue, currently asphalted, counts isolated trees towards the buildings and garden beds including shrubby essences and other trees toward the vehicular traffic in front. The Avenue is not responsive to the needs of the today town and its tourist potential. Street furniture is random and in-homogeneous, as well as of little value. The tangible and intangible infrastructure for tourism purposes totally absent. This is also the redesign of the pedestrian traffic and beachfront, adjacent to the existing cycle track, currently occupied by the free beach.
Aim of the Intervention
The project concerns the upgrading of tangible and intangible infrastructure of the historic centre of Praia a Mare (CS), in line with the aims and objectives of the territorial pact. Specifically, the project aims to upgrade the infrastructures of Viale della Libertà and the sea front to extend the abilities and the tourist offer of the town.
The project involves work on two areas that were mentioned earlier: Viale della Libertà and the waterfront, and is designed to spell out concrete perspectives for development which ensure that, even in the longer term, management and financial capabilities, as well as an induced locally and tangible development of the areas affected by the intervention. The project, construction and infrastructure, provides a component finishes prevalent compared to the service component. The project proposal was born from a careful analysis of the attractions: a tree-lined street in a scenario completely urbanized.
The intervention includes replacing the existing asphalt pavement in natural stone, replacing the existing lighting network and upgrading the urban system and does not break previously established balances. Since this is the rationalization and replacing a public lighting and furniture and flooring system exists, there is that aesthetically perceptual improvement. The works do not interfere in any way with any of the ecosystems.
The project aims to upgrade the infrastructure of Viale della Libertà and the sea front to extend the abilities and the tourist offer of the town.
The same plan interventions on two areas that were mentioned earlier: Viale della Libertà and the waterfront, and is designed to spell out concrete perspectives for development which ensure that, even in the longer term, management and financial capabilities, as well as an induced locally and tangible development of the areas affected by the intervention.
The project, construction and infrastructure, provides a component finishes prevalent compared to the service component. The contract includes all jobs, benefits, supplies and supplies that are necessary to make the work as outlined and provided for in the contract, completely accomplished according to the conditions set out in the special conditions and by the same contract.
The works consist of:
– breakup of pavement primarily in asphalt;
– stripping and transportation to landfill excavation of materials;
– demolition and transport to dump existing furniture item – lighting fixtures, etc.;
– removal of curbs and road borders;
– demolition of pavements in asphalt;
– transportation to land filling of materials;
– supply and installation of spiral ducts;
– supply and installation of electric cables;
– supply and installation of sand bed for excavation filling;
– supply and installation of mixed quarry (tout venant);
– foundation works and road sub foundation-supply and installation of road surfaces (binder and wear 14 cm thick carpet);
– supply and installation of flooring according to the scheme shown in the graphs of project (Trani stone slabs and others);
– supply and installation of electricity supply facility (panels and counters);
– supply and installation of 40 x 40 cm inspection pits;
– restoring road ramp;
– green works-works of street furniture;
– plinths for lighting pole, including excavation, anchor bolts, etc-supply and installation of light fittings;
– bike racks-technological infrastructure works Fpo and disclosures (realization of tourist info point – totem touch screen)
– finishing works.
Text provided by the architects.