Villa Marie is situated on a south orientated slope in the alpine foothill region of Upper Austria. The design focuses on two aspects, a bungalow concept organizes all rooms on one level around a central living area and the west orientated veranda terrace. The generous veranda connects the main living room with the garden. A huge sliding door opens the main living space to the outside space linking the interiors to the exteriors. Three functional volumes define a central living area, which is extendable with two additional rooms. The arrangement of the volumes creates an open spatial continuum, which has no doors visible from the main living room. Cutouts in the surfaces provide views through the spaces connecting them to each other and the surrounding. The three volumes also incorporate other programs in the house including the kitchen area in one volume, the fireplace and seating area in another, and cabinets and storage space in the third. The wooden bungalow touches the ground on the north and opens up an entrance and service level in the basement. The wooden construction is fully prefabricated and assembled on site, making it a more sustainable and efficient in the construction process.What makes this project one-of-a-kind?
The bungalow typology organizes all living rooms on one level and the generous veranda terrace connects the main living area with the garden and allows flexible usage.
A simple spatial concept is conceived of three functional cubes with integrated furniture which is zoning the main living area into three rooms. The arrangement of the volumes creates an open spatial continuum, which has no doors visible from the main living room, while providing views between the rooms and to the outside surrounding. The wooden main structure is visible in the inside and results in a cosy living atmosphere.
Portraits: Simon Oberhofer
Authors: Super Future Group; Robert Lamprecht, Ania Lamprecht
Photos: Simon Oberhofer
Year of completion: 2019
Location: Kremsmünster; Austria
Total area: 346,2 m²
Site area: 1130 m²
Text provided by the architects.