CALL FOR ENTRIES: BIG SEE TOURISM DESIGN AWARDS 2020
BIG SEE TOURISM DESIGN AWARDS recognise and expose excellence in creative tourism from Southeast Europe: Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Greece, Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Kosovo, North Macedonia, The Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia and Turkey.
Registration deadline with regular registration fee until May 20, 2020
– Projects can be entered by investors, designers, architects or authors of the creative tourism stories from anywhere in the world as long as the project is based in the region Southeast Europe.
– Entrants are allowed to submit multiple projects, but shall submit a separate entry form for each one, and pay a separate entry fee for each project.
– Only on time submitted project with specified text description and images will be admitted to competition. Entries will not be accepted or judged without payment of the entry fee.
– Submitted projects must have been finished within the last two years the following categories:
1. Creative story and identity as experience
2. Architecture and design as experience
– completion of online entry form with data and description of the project (500-1000 characters – not words)
– 6 photographs in high resolution with name of photographer
– a portrait photo of the author with name of photographer (optional)
– innovation, intelligent design and/or originality of the story
– environmental sensitivity and sustainability
– cultural and social awareness
– functionality: how the project achieves its stated goals
– creative strength, passion and business excellence of Southeast Europe
Among winners of the Big SEE Tourism Design Award, Grand Prix winner in each category will be selected. The jury reserves the right to recategorise any entry to another category. The decision of the jury is final. The jury is not obliged to explain its decision.
– Big SEE Tourism Design Award Grand Prix winners of the two categories will be announced on the Gala evening event on October 22, 2020 in City of Design in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
– All awarded projects will be exhibited on posters in City of Design in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
– The award winners may start communicating the award after May 25, 2020.
The registration fee covers the cost of competition and judging process. If the submitted project wins an award, the entrant is obligated to choose Promotional package for winners. Additional exposure is optional.
Registration deadline with early bird fee until April 20, 2020: 50 eur
Registration deadline with regular registration fee until May 20, 2020: 100 eur
Obligatory Promotional package: 250 eur
(Cost of obligatory promotion package has to be paid only if the project wins an award)
PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE for winners include:
1. Use of Big SEE Tourism Design Award logo for award-winning project
2. Invitation and free entrance to Creatie Tourism Festival 2020 and on Grand Prix award giving ceremony (October 22, 2020)
3. Presentation & Promotion on Creative Tourism Festival 2020:
– Presentation of the award-winning project on Big SEE Tourism Design Exhibition with poster (poster production included)
– Lectures Tourism 180° – Winners stage 180°
– Info point (cardboard table 50×50 cm, board with exhibitors name)
4. Presentation & Promotion in printed media:
– Publication of the project in prestigious printed catalogue Big SEE Report
5. Presentation & Promotion in digital media:
– Presentation of the project with images and text in the online exhibition on www.bigsee.eu
– Publication of the project on social media (Facebook, Instagram)
6. PR support
ADDITIONAL EXPOSURE (optional)
Big SEE Talks is a short video interview with architects/designers & brands from SEE region for online promotion, where you are asked to answer on 2 questions:
What are the challenges and opportunities in Southeast Europe?
What is your driving force?
What is the role of Southeast Europe in globalised world?
Price: 100 eur
Info Stand is a 3m2 exhibition space equipped with a small table, 2 chairs, small board with exhibitor’s name and cardboard wall – a so called L profile for additional exposure of 2 posters. The measurement of each poster must not be larger than dimensions 80cm (width) x 200cm (height). The production and installation of the posters has to be done by your side.
Price: 100 eur
To enter the award competition, please fill in the data bellow: