CALL FOR ENTRIES: BIG SEE INTERIOR DESIGN AWARDS 2020
BIG SEE INTERIOR DESIGN AWARDS recognise and expose excellence in interior design from Southeast Europe: Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Greece, Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Kosovo, North Macedonia, The Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia and Turkey.
– Projects can be entered by architects from anywhere in the world as long as the project is based in the region Southeast Europe. Investors, developers, contractors can also submit entries with the permission of the architects.
– Entrants are allowed to submit multiple projects, but shall submit a separate entry form for each one, and pay a separate entry fee for each project.
– Only on time submitted projects with specified text description and images will be admitted to competition. Entries will not be accepted or judged without payment of the entry fee.
– Submitted projects must have been completed within the last two years the following categories:
– completion of online entry form with data and description of the project (500-1000 characters – not words)
– minimum 6 photographs in high resolution with name of photographer
– plans in vectorial mode (pdf, not jpg)
– a portrait photo of the author with name of photographer
Projects will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
– innovation, intelligent design and originality
– environmental sensitivity and sustainability
– cultural and social awareness
– functionality: how the project achieves its stated goals
– creative strength, passion and business excellence of Southeast Europe
Among winners of the Big SEE Interior Design Award, Grand Prix winner in each category will be selected. The jury reserves the right to recategorise any entry to another category. The decision of the jury is final. The jury is not obliged to explain its decision.
– Big SEE Interior Design Award winners will be announced on Big architecture festival as a part of Month of Design on October 15, 2020 in City of Design in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
– All awarded projects will be exhibited in City of Design in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
– The award winners may start communicating the award after June 20, 2020.
The registration fee covers the cost of competition and judging process. If the submitted project wins an award, the entrant is obligated to choose Promotional package for winners. Additional exposure is optional.
Registration deadline with early bird fee until May 20, 2020: 50 eur
Registration deadline with regular registration fee until June 20, 2020: 100 eur
Obligatory Promotional package: 250 eur
(Cost of obligatory promotion package has to be paid only if the project wins an award)
PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE for winners include:
1. Use of Big SEE Interior Design Award logo for award-winning project
2. Invitation and free entrance to Big Architecture Festival 2020 and on Grand Prix award giving ceremony (October 15, 2020)
3. Presentation & Promotion on Big Architecture Festival 2020:
– Presentation of the award-winning project on Big SEE Interior Design Exhibition with poster (poster production included)
– Lectures Interior 180° – Winners stage 180°
– Info point (cardboard table 50×50 cm, board with exhibitors name)
4. Presentation & Promotion in printed media:
– Publication of the project in prestigious printed catalogue Big SEE Report
5. Presentation & Promotion in digital media:
– Presentation of the project with images and text in the online exhibition on www.bigsee.eu
– Publication of the project on social media (Facebook, Instagram)
6. PR support
ADDITIONAL EXPOSURE (optional)
BigSEE Talks is a short video interview with architects / designers & brands from SEE region for online promotion, where you are asked to answer on 3 questions:
What are the challenges and opportunities in Southeast Europe?
What is your driving force?
What is the role of Southeast Europe in globalised world?
Price: 100 eur
Info Stand is a 3 m2 exhibition space equipped with a small table, 2 chairs, small board with exhibitor’s name and cardboard wall – a so called L profile for additional exposure of 2 posters. The measurement of each poster must not be larger than dimensions 80cm (width) x 200cm (height). The production and installation of the posters has to be done by your side.
Price: 100 eur
To enter the award competition, please fill in the data bellow: