BigSEE Product Design Awards 2021 – Taking part
We look forward to your entry!
Early Bird: December 15 – February 15, 2021
Regular: February 16 – April 10, 2021
Latecomer: April 11 – May 5, 2021
Award ceremony: Month of Design Festival, October 11, 2021 in Ljubljana, Slovenia
BigSEE Product Design Awards recognise and expose excellence in product design from Southeast Europe: Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Greece, Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia, The Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia and Turkey.
Eligibility & Entry Requirements
Entrants are allowed to submit projects / products that have been completed within the last two years.
– Products can be entered by companies (producers) and designers from anywhere in the world as long as the production is based in the region Southeast Europe.
– Entrants are allowed to submit multiple products, but shall submit a separate entry form for each one, and pay a separate entry fee for each product.
– Only on time submitted products with specified text description and images will be admitted to competition. Entries will not be accepted or judged without payment of the entry fee.
– Submitted product must have been completed and in production within the last two years the following categories:
1. Home (furniture, lighting and lamps, household appliances and accessories, tableware, soft furnishings, sanitary furniture, food packaging etc.)
2. Personal (jewellery, wearable tech, mobile phones, watches, shoes, eyewear)
3. Leisure (sports equipment, bar and restaurant products, luxury goods, toys, personal care, wellness and beauty)
4. Work (working machinery, tools and equipment, office stationery, furniture and lights for work)
5. Mobility (all means of personal or public transport – bicycles, cars, ships, trains, planes, transport related accessories)
6. Urban (urban equipment and public lighting)
– completion of online entry form with data and description of the product (500-1000 characters – not words)
– 6 photographs in high resolution with name of photographer
– a portrait photo of the author with name of photographer (optional)
Criteria & Judging
The following criteria may be used as a guideline for submitting projects.
Projects will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
– ethics & ecology
– creative strength, passion and business excellence of Southeast Europe
Among winners of the BigSEE Product Design Award, Grand Prix winner in each category will be selected. The jury reserves the right to recategorise any entry to another category. The decision of the jury is final. The jury is not obliged to explain its decision.
Costs & Fees
The registration fee covers the cost of competition and judging process.
If the submitted project wins an award, the entrant is obligated to choose Winners’ package. Exclusive Winners’ Services exposure is optional.
Early Bird: 100 €
Regular: 200 €
Latecomer: 300 €
Winners’ Package is obligatory for all winners that receive an award. You can choose among two packages:
Winners’ Package A – 350 eur:
1. Award trophy (personal delivery on the festival)
2. Presentation of the awarded project in the online gallery
3. Project presentation on the Month of Design Festival – presentation on Winners Stage 180°
4. Free entrance to the Month of Design Festival and award-giving ceremony
5. Design Match (organised networking) on the Month of Design Festival
Winners’ Package B – 750 eur:
1. Use of BigSEE Product Design Award logo
2. Award Certificate
3. Award trophy (personal delivery on the festival)
4. Presentation of the awarded project in the online gallery
5. Dynamic profile – NEW! Check it out here
6. Basic Social media communication
7. Full page project presentation in the printed BigSEE Report.
8. One copy of BigSEE Report
9. Project presentation on the Month of Design Festival – presentation on Winners Stage 180°
10. Free entrance to the Month of Design Festival and award-giving ceremony
11. Professional photo-shooting of the winner on the Month of Design Festival
12. Design Match (organised networking) on the Month of Design Festival
Winners’ Services (additional)
For extensive, tailor made exposure of your winning project you are strongly advised to choose among following Winners’ Services:
– Social Media Campaigns (from 150 €)
– Exhibition Units – two days (from 150 €)
– Exhibition billboard 100×100 cm (80 €/piece)
– Video interview – BigSEE Talks (100 €)
– Winning project exposure in the BigSEE Report (from 300 €)
– BigSEE Report, postage included (40 €/issue)
– BigSEE Trophy, postage included (70 €)
More about Winners’ Services with application form HERE.
To enter the award competition, please fill in the data bellow.