BIG SEE WOOD AWARDS recognise and expose excellence in wood design and architecture from Southeast Europe: Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Greece, Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia, The Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia and Turkey.
Early bird Registration is June 20, 2019
Registration deadline is July 20, 2019
– Products and projects can be entered by companies (producers), investors, suppliers, designers and architects from anywhere in the world as long as the production or the projects is based in the region Southeast Europe.
– Entrants are allowed to submit multiple products and projects, but shall submit a separate entry form for each one, and pay a separate entry fee for each product/project.
– Only on time submitted products/projects with specified text description and images will be admitted to competition. Entries will not be accepted or judged without payment of the entry fee.
– Submitted product / projects must have been completed within the last two years:
– City and Community
– Interior and Furniture
– Small wooden Products
– completion of online entry form with data and description of the product/project (500-1000 characters – not words)
– 6 photographs in high resolution (with name of photographer)
– a portrait photo of the author (with name of photographer) (optional)
Products will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
– excellence of architecture and/or design,
– uniqueness, social responsibility, sustainability
– creative strength, passion and business excellence of South East Europe
Among winners of the Big See Wood Award, Grand Prix winner in each category will be selected.
The jury reserves the right to recategorise any entry to another category. The decision of the jury is final. The jury is not obliged to explain its decision.
– BIG SEE WOOD AWARD winners and BIG SEE WOOD AWARD Grand Prix – winners of the categories will be announced on the Wood icon event a s a part of the Month of Design on October 16 in City of Design, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
– All awarded projects will be exhibited on posters in City of Design, Ljubljana, Slovenia
– The award winners may start communicating the award after July 21.
The registration fee covers the cost of competition and judging process. If the submitted project wins an award, the entrant is obligated to choose Promotional package for winners. Additional exposure (exhibition info/meeting point) is optional.
Registration fee – early bird til June 20: 50 eur
Registration fee – June 21-July 20: 100 eur
Costs of promotion package if the project wins an award (obligated for award winners):
Promotional package: 100 eur
Additional exposure (optional):
– BIG See Talks are short video interview (3 questions: What is your driving force? What is your vision of a New World?) with companies -producers and architects/designers & brands from SEE region for online promotion: 100 eur
– L – Stant (cardboard table, 2 chairs, exhibitor’s name, exhibition cardboard wall – L profile): 100 eur
PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE FOR WINNERS INCLUDES:
1. Use of Big See Wood Design Award logo for award-winning project
2. Invitation to award giving ceremony on Wood Icon event as a part of Month of Design on October 16
3. Presentation & Promotion on Wood Icon event as a part of the festival Month of Design 2019 on October 16:
– Presentation of the award-winning project on BIG SEE Wood Design Exhibition with poster (poster production included)
– Lectures Wood 180° – short presentation of the project
– Wood Match (organised individual meetings with wood companies, designers/architects, suppliers of materials/technology. Includes exhibition info/meeting point (cardboard table, 2 chairs, exhibitor’s name)
4. Presentation & Promotion in printed media:
– Publication of the project in prestigious printed catalogue BIG SEE Report
5. Presentation & Promotion in digital media:
– Presentation of the product / project with images and text in the online exhibition on www.bigsee.eu
– Publication of the project on social media (Facebook, Instagram)
6. PR support
To enter the award competition, please fill in the data bellow:
– Registration fee – early bird til June 20: 50 eur
– Registration fee – June 21-July 20: 100 eur