BIG SEE PRODUCT DESIGN AWARDS recognise and expose excellence in product design from Southeast Europe: Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Greece, Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia, The Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia and Turkey.
Early bird Registration is June 20, 2019
Registration deadline is July 20, 2019
– Products can be entered by companies (producers) and designers from anywhere in the world as long as the production is based in the region Southeast Europe.
– Entrants are allowed to submit multiple products, but shall submit a separate entry form for each one, and pay a separate entry fee for each product.
– Only on time submitted products with specified text description and images will be admitted to competition. Entries will not be accepted or judged without payment of the entry fee.
– Submitted product must have been completed and in production within the last two years the following categories:
– Home (furniture, lighting and lamps, household appliances and accessories, tableware, soft furnishings, sanitary furniture, food packaging etc.)
– Personal (jewellery, wearable tech, mobile phones, watches, shoes, eyewear)
– Leisure (sports equipment, bar and restaurant products, luxury goods, toys, personal care, wellness and beauty)
– Work (working machinery, tools and equipment, office stationery, furniture and lights for work)
– Mobility (all means of personal or public transport – bicycles, cars, ships, trains, planes, transport related accessories)
– Urban (urban equipment and public lighting)
– completion of online entry form with data and description of the product (500-1000 characters – not words)
– 6 photographs in high resolution (with name of photographer)
– a portrait photo of the author (with name of photographer) (optional)
Products will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
– Ethics & ecology
– Creative strength, passion and business excellence of South East Europe
Among winners of the Big See Product Design Award, Grand Prix winner in each category will be selected.
The jury reserves the right to recategorise any entry to another category. The decision of the jury is final. The jury is not obliged to explain its decision.
– BIG SEE PRODUCT DESIGN AWARD winners and BIG SEE PRODUCT DESIGN AWARD Grand Prix – winners of the categories will be announced on the Gala evening opening of the Month of Design on October 8 in City of Design, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
– All awarded projects will be exhibited on posters in City of Design, Ljubljana, Slovenia
– The award winners may start communicating the award after July 21.
The registration fee covers the cost of competition and judging process. If the submitted project wins an award, the entrant is obligated to choose Promotional package for winners. Additional exposure (exhibition info/meeting point) is optional.
Registration fee – early bird til June 20: 50 eur
Registration fee – June 21-July 20: 100 eur
Costs of promotion package if the project wins an award (obligated for award winners):
Promotional package: 100 eur
Additional exposure (optional):
BIG See Talks are short video interview (3 questions: What is your driving force? What is your vision of a New World?) with architects / designers & brands from SEE region for online promotion: 100 eur
L – Stant (cardboard table, 2 chairs, exhibitor’s name, exhibition cardboard wall – L profile): 100 eur
PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE FOR WINNERS INCLUDES:
1. Use of Big See Product Design Award logo for award-winning project
2. Invitation to gala award giving ceremony on Month of Design gala opening event
3. Presentation & Promotion on the festival Month of Design 2019:
– Presentation of the award-winning project on BIG SEE Product Design Exhibition with poster (poster production included)
– Lectures Design 180° – short presentation of the project on the festival Month of Design 2019
– Design Match (organised individual meetings with designers and suppliers of materials/technology and producers. Includes exhibition info/meeting point (cardboard table, 2 chairs, exhibitor’s name)
4. Presentation & Promotion in printed media:
– Publication of the project in prestigious printed catalogue BIG SEE Report
5. Presentation & Promotion in digital media:
– Presentation of the product with images and text in the online exhibition on www.bigsee.eu
– Publication of the project on social media (Facebook, Instagram)
6. PR support
To enter the award competition, please fill in the data bellow:
– Registration fee – early bird til June 20: 50 eur
– Registration fee – June 21-July 20: 100 eur