BIG SEE ARCHITECTURE AWARDS recognise and expose excellence in architecture from Southeast Europe: Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Greece, Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia, The Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia and Turkey.
Registration deadline is February 20, 2020
– Projects can be entered by architects from anywhere in the world as long as the project is based in the region Southeast Europe. Investors, developers, contractors can also submit entries with the permission of the architects.
– Entrants are allowed to submit multiple projects, but shall submit a separate entry form for each one, and pay a separate entry fee for each project.
– Only on time submitted projects with specified text description and images will be admitted to competition. Entries will not be accepted or judged without payment of the entry fee.
– Submitted projects must have been completed within the last two years the following categories:
1. Residential architecture
2. Public and commercial architecture
3. Landscape and urban space
– completion of online entry form with data and description of the project (500-1000 characters – not words)
– minimum 6 photographs in high resolution (with name of photographer)
– plans in vectorial mode (pdf, not jpg)
– a portrait photo of the author (with name of photographer)
Projects will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
– innovation, intelligent design and originality
– environmental sensitivity and sustainability
– cultural and social awareness
– functionality: how the project achieves its stated goals
– creative strength, passion and business excellence of Southeast Europe
Among winners of the Big See Architecture Award, Grand Prix winner in each category will be selected.
The jury reserves the right to recategorise any entry to another category. The decision of the jury is final. The jury is not obliged to explain its decision.
– BIG SEE ARCHITECTURE winners and BIG SEE ARCHITECTURE Grand Prix – winners of the three categories will be announced on the Gala evening event on May 13 2020 in City of Design, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
– All awarded projects will be exhibited in City of Design, Ljubljana, Slovenia
– The award winners may start communicating the award after February 25.
The registration fee covers the cost of competition and judging process. If the submitted project wins an award, the entrant is obligated to choose Promotional package for winners. Additional exposure (exhibition info/meeting point) is optional.
Registration fee early bird till January 5 2020: 50 eur
Regular registration fee: 100 eur
Costs of promotion package if the project wins an award (obligated for award winners):
Promotional package: 100 eur
Additional exposure (optional):
BIG SEE TALKS are short video interview (3 questions: Why did you become an architect? What is your driving force? What is your vision of a New World?) with architects / designers & brands from SEE region for online promotion: 100 eur
Info Stand (equipped exhibition space 3 m2, table, 2 chairs, exhibitor’s name): 100 eur
PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE FOR WINNERS INCLUDES:
1. Use of Big See Architecture Award logo for award-winning project
2. Invitation to gala award giving ceremony on Big Architecture Festival 2020
3. Presentation & Promotion on the festival Big architecture 2020:
– Presentation of the award-winning project on BIG SEE Architecture Exhibition with poster (poster production included)
– Lectures Architecture 180° – short presentation of the project on Big Architecture Festival 2020
– Info point (board with exhibitors name, cardboard table 50×50 cm)
4. Presentation & Promotion in printed media:
– Publication of the project in prestigious printed catalogue BIG SEE Report
5. Presentation & Promotion in digital media:
– Presentation of the project with images and text in the online exhibition on www.bigsee.eu
– Publication of the project on social media (Facebook, Instagram)
6. PR support
To enter the award competition, please fill in the data bellow: